A little bit about me…
My name is Abbie Glew (yes, said like pritt stick “glue”). I am 24, and I live in Camberley, Surrey (just outside of London).
I work as an accountant at a firm in London, have done for 6 years! But I am now taking a ‘career break’ to travel the world … After all, there has to be more to life than numbers, right?
Travelling is something I have wanted to do for a long time, but since leaving college I have been studying to become a chartered accountant. Now that whole “get a qualification” thing is ticked off the list and I have actually saved some money, I thought it an ideal time to take the plunge.
The 17th of August is/was my last day as a paid employee… scary thought!
I knew I wanted to document my travels for memory’s sake, but writing in a diary is just to much like hard work. I am terrible at spelling (grammar police please be kind I am dyslexic) and painfully slow at handwriting, so blogging seemed like an ideal solution. Spell check and backspace are my best friends.
It also means I can keep my family and friends up to date, and of course, jealous of all the fun I am having.
So here I am giving the whole blogging thing a go 🙂
10 facts about me to break the ice:
- I am a direct kind of person, I say things how I see them. Marmite comes to mind?
- I wear glasses, have done since I was 6, wish I didn’t have to but I am to scared to get laser eye surgery so contact lenses do for now.
- I have one sister Kirsty and one brother Simon, there is 18 months between each of us.
- I have been with my boyfriend Stephen for over 6 years, we met in a smoking area, classy I know.
- My favourite food is cheese, I love the stuff! Combine that with wine and I am in heaven.
- I love reading books about life in the Victorian era, for some reason that period in history really draws me.
- I absolutely love being tickled- not the laugh till you can’t breath type but the send you to sleep type (fact within a fact: I don’t get enough sleep, ever! As my parents say ‘I burn the candle at both ends’)
- I am a realist, I don’t believe in happy ever after fairy tales. I think you get out from life what you put in.
- My cocktail of choice is a Pornstar martini, though an amaretto sour comes close 2nd.
- My favourite place in England is West Wittering, its a beautiful beach and has many childhood memories.
Thanks for reading.